Monday 10 June 2013

Phlox

It's been a gorgeous week here in the UK, every day for a week or more has been one of bright hot sunshine and blue skies. Besides a couple of days work in London I have been lucky enough to be off and able to enjoy it. Sadly, the weather is a bit grey today for the first time in ages and rain is forecast. Oh, well, at least I won't have to water the garden today.

The unknown plant that I thought was nemesia I have now changed that opinion and I think that it is a type of  phlox.


Anyone any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. ooh I am looking forward to the rain so the garden can get a good soaking :)

    Sharon
    onelifeand3kids.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think it might be this one Dan?

    http://www.craigiehallnursery.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2011609-Phlox-subulata-Tamaongalei.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I reckon it is. It is a great little plant, has been in full flower for ages and has no sign of stopping.

      Delete
  3. It is a nice little plant, and, what is nice for frugal gardeners, they do spread (not too fast). This last weekend, I jut discovered that they also come with variegated foliage which makes them more interesting when they are not in bloom.

    ReplyDelete