Sunday 2 December 2012

Christmas present success.



Well I was successful in getting ALL of my Christmas shopping/presents done by the beginning of December, I got my last presents today so a day late, but who's counting and that included my mums birthday present for the 31st December - believe me, trying to get her a present between Christmas and New Year is even more of a nightmare than high street shopping on the 24th December!

So I will do some wrapping tonight. There are still a few home made food gifts to make, but I am not so worried about those as the ingredients can be gradually picked up along with my usual shops. I noticed when I popped into ASDA on Friday that the supermarkets are already beginning to be heaving and we have 23 days to go yet!

It is such a lovely feeling to get things sorted so early and I am definitely converted to early organising from now on. The gifts I need to send by post can be sorted in plenty of time with no mad rushing now and I can spend December feeling smug and doing enjoyable things like decorating the house and cooking nice things.

No debt was gained in my Christmas shopping but I still think I managed to get the right present for the right person, throughout, it is so enjoyable giving something when you know that the recipient is really going to enjoy it, even if it is just a bottle of home made Christmas pudding vodka and chutney which I will make this week.

Besides this, cake is made, mincemeat is made and cherry brandy is made. I still have a couple of bottles of elderflower champagne which I made back in June so I will just get some Christmas food shopping on about he 19th and that is me done.

Good stuff all around.

12 comments:

  1. Good Gravy Gert! I wish I were so organized! Now you can go out and sing some carols!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the shopping. Mine is done too. I have a couple of gifts I want to make, I have a weekend to myself next week so will be able to get those done then.
    I have a tiny bit of food shopping to do, just a few bits not a lot which will happen around the 20th.

    It is a good feeling knowing you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here. All organised and no hectic mad rushing. Little shopping to do with DB on Sunday 23rd. DB likes buying some specialities like favourite cheeses, some patee and a little luxury ham. We will not be spending a fortune as we shall be on our own over x-mas. I`m now already in relaxed mode and still have to work another 9 days. It`ll be a doddle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 'bought' gifts have been bought ( there weren't that many),crafted gifts are ongoing but will easily be achieved without any stress in time for Christmas - I'm taking my time and enjoying making them! Food shopping will be minimal now that we don't eat meat, fish or dairy. No alcohol required as we don't drink it. No debt incurred and a cash neutral Christmas thanks to selling unwanted items on ebay - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could be as organised! I do at least know what I am getting everyone and have set a budget. A trip is planned on Friday next week, so I hope by then it will almost all be sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! :) It is a very nice feeling being organised so early, especially as last year I was up making edible gifts REALLY late on Christmas Eve! Kind of took the fun out of it by getting stressed over it.

    Jealous of Scarlet's cash neutral Christmas above though! I had money saved for Christmas, so no debt or anything, but cash neutral's a new idea to aim for next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost done here as well. Isn't it a nice feeling? We have a few more homemade things we want to make but for the most part it's done. I'd much rather be done early than rushing at the last minute. Now, go and enjoy the season, "worry free"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We too are almost done with present shopping but not food. Unfortunately DB's pay day is the 24th (but should go in over the weekend) so can't do our big shop until then. Other than that and sorting out the final arrival time of J. & S. and dogs, we are as organised as we can be. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you ARE the clever boy. Now you can enjoy (not just endure) the holidays. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have mine all bought and wrapped also :-) my cards are all written and the postal ones have all been sent this week. just a few bits to get now for christmas luncheon and thats me done

    ReplyDelete