Monday 23 May 2011

Surface cleaner

I made my own surface cleaner this week. Got it from the book Thrifty Ways for Modern Days by Martin Lewis.
It consisted of 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of water put in an old spray bottle. I added a few drops of pine essential oil, only because I had some knocking about. So far, it does the job every bit as well as any surface cleaner I have ever used. Stubborn patches are coming off as easy as anything. I think I will experiment with other possible alternatives. A few months ago I tried to make my own washing up liquid. This was something that I failed totally at. None of what I made ever cleaned anything properly (by that I mean nothing greasy or very dirty.) No use at all, although if anyone has any good ideas I would be more than willing to try again.

1 comment:

  1. I use this all the time. You can also cut down on your store bought washing up liquid by putting 1/3 dish soap, 1/3 vinegar and 1/3 water into a spray bottle too. I've been able to hold onto a 2.66 L of store bought washing up liquid for about a year now by doing this.

    ReplyDelete