So here it is.
I will base this on a normal size can of chickpeas - although I actually made it with a half size can as I discovered they were 3 for a pound and a half can makes more than enough hummous for me to eat by myself. I just halved all the following ingredients.
· 1 x 400g tin chick peas, drained and rinsed
· bunch coriander, roughly chopped.( I just did this buy eye.)
· 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
· ½tsp ground coriander (I couldn't find mine so I missed this out, I'll try it next time)
· 2 lemons, juiced (I actually just used lemon juice from a bottle, about 2 tablespoons - again by eye)
· 1tbsp tahini (I would probably not buy this especially and would just miss it out, but I happened to have some. A friend of mine uses peanut butter in his instead and says that it gives a saltier and nice texture, but I have never tried)
· 3tbsp olive oil - again, by eye.
And that's it! Just put it all in the mini chopper or blender, whatever you have, even s stick blender (you can probably even just mash it although it won't be quite so fine perhaps. I then added some salt, to taste.
I prefer this coriander and lemon flavour one as I find ordinary hummous a little bland.
Let me know if you try it.